Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Brisket: Marinade vs HIgh Internal Temp?

Would you serve a brisket cooked to 150° internal temperature? What if you had marinaded it for 48 hours in an acidic/slightly sugary marinade? I'm aware that marinading can help tenderize meat, but this sounds implausible to me.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,489
    You would have to jaccard the daylights out of it before the marinade  and slice it paper thin I think

Caledon, ON

• boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

Doesn't sound interesting to me.   Not sure I understand the logic of why a person just doesn't cook it till its done.

Cookin in Texas
  • ParallelParallel Posts: 432
    That's what I thought. Oh well... if dude is content eating shoe leather who am I to stop him... LOL.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.