Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Bullet riddled pig?

I bought this pork shoulder at my local farmer's market.  Took it out of the fridge to rub and noticed a black spot.  Upon closer inspection I found a bullet in the meat.  Cut out the black part, removed the bullet, rubbed it, wrapped it and will smoke it in the morning. It looks like a small caliber bullet - in the shoulder?  Can't believe it was the coup  de grace.

Ever seen anything like this?

Monteagle, TN

one large and one small

• LitLit Posts: 4,609
    I would probably skip that farmers market in the future?
  • J_QueJ_Que Posts: 207
    Now that's strange.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,858
    Someone's a crappy shot. Shoulda been a better shot and got him in the head. Pig's name was Paulie.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 17,142
    I was gonna blame Travis, but I think he woulda dropped it.
    This is my signature line just so you're not confused.
    Large and Medium BGE, Kamado Joe Jr., smoker with a 5k btu AC, gas grill, fire pit, pack of angry cats, two turntables and a microphone, my friend.
    New Orleans, LA - we know how to eat 

• Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 1,116
    edited July 2013
    That does look like a pretty small caliber and pigs are tough. Possible it's been in there for quite some time...
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • HolepuncherHolepuncher Posts: 280
    Maybe left in there by the butcher,,,added weight for the sale, times are hard,
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • ToolmasterToolmaster Posts: 41
    I would ask them if it was farm raised or wild hog. In Al I don't think they can sell wild hogs as farm raised. Enjoy the cook !! It should be good !!

I went to bed last night mean and woke up meaner !  
    "Matt Dillon"

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,941
    I'd give it a shot... =))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • VolguyVolguy Posts: 5
    Care to share what farmer's market or at least what area you're in?  I'm in TN also.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,684
    That is craziness.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    It's enhanced pork, Enriched with minerals Cu, and Pb! 

Shhh... don't tell anyone, one of those is bad

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket!