Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

July 4th cook

My nearest meat market is about 25 miles away, so when I was near there today, I just HAD to stop. perfect timing though for my holiday cookout. 6# pork butt. Can't wait til Thursday. Plus gunna make some spicy asparagus. Hope to y'all have an eggcellent holiday. And kudos if you all have a long weekend ( I sure don't)
image.jpg 233.5K
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,091
    Good luck with the butt. I don't have a long weekend either.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,611
    I won't have time to do a butt because I work on the 4th, but I have a VERY long weekend when I'm done with that day. Probably just doing brats and burgers for the actual evening.  Hope everyone has a safe and good 4th of July!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Rick GRick G Posts: 166
    Hey Kevin...where do you go for a meat market??  The only place I go is sams or the grocery and I would like to check out a good meat market.
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151
    I certainly don't get a long weekend.

Post pics during cook!
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

·
  • TerrebanditTerrebandit Posts: 1,306
    I cooked so much last weekend that I don't have any space left in my refrigerator. Might just snack on leftovers or do something simple, like brats.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,795
    Probably going supper simple. Burgers and dogs. Hitting the road on Friday so we don't want a ton of leftovers in the fridge.
    ·
  • @rickg, merindorfs in williamston has a great selection. But I did pass the old save a lot building on marsh rd tonight in haslett and that is being converted into a butcher shop. Excited about that.
    ·
  • Rick GRick G Posts: 166
    oh yeah!!   I forgot about Merindorfs.  I didnt know about the old save a lot.  Thats will be great!!
    ·