Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cheap yellow mustard 3/3/4 steak

Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
edited 7:59AM in EggHead Forum
Tried a lot of fancy rubs and marinades, but this one is the best I have made, and it is easy:[p]Slather on some cheap yellow mustard -- not dijon, just hot dog mustard. Sprinkle on some season salt or whatever. Fire up the Egg to 500. Three minutes on a side. Shut 'er down and let the meat sit there for four minutes.[p]You can't taste the mustard but it gives the meat a tangy thing, plus it sticks to the meat instead of dripping off.[p]That's it. Easy. Probably not as good as T Rex, but really easy.

Comments

• mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Prof Dan,[p]Actually this is an old tried and true. Kosher salt works the best because it forms a hard crust that pretty much peels off. I'm surprised you got it at 500 degrees. Usually that leaves on a TON of salt. It's lower than broiler temp. Usually it takes about a 700 sear or more to really get that crust without drowning in salt.[p]Egged steaks are just killer no matter what, doncha think?[p]mShark
  • Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
    Mollyshark,[p]You are right that this can be salty if you overdo it -- so I go easy on the salt and then add at the table.