Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

pizza dough ?

Tried my first thin crust pizzas Friday night and was fairly pleased with the results.  But I have a question - do you guys pre bake just the crust for any length of time and then put your toppings on?  I only did them at around 500 (raised indirect with stone placed on the swing rack) and pre baked just the crust for around 5 minutes.  Put the toppings on and finished for about another 5 minutes.  I am just using bread flour but will be ordering some Caputo "00" flour as i can't find anyplace around here that sells it.  Also, using 6 in 1 crushed tomatos as my sauce base.  I just wasn't getting the big bubbles on the outside rim of my crust like I have seen some of you guys post.  Not sure if it was the flour, how I did it, etc...  I actually flipped the crust after the prebake then put my toppings on the side that was on the stone for the first 5 minutes.  Was just nervous it wasn't going to get all the way done without burning.  Probably not how it is supposed to be done so I am looking for your temp and timing.

Just curious if you pre bake and if so, at what temp and for how long?  I think I will give them another shot tomorrow night.  Thanks guys.

Comments