Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My secret steak marinade/sauce (Don't tell anyone!)

hotwheelshotwheels Posts: 73
edited July 2013 in Sauces, Rubs, Marinades
I get great comments on steaks grilled with this easy marinade: Mix VH "Strong Garlic Rib Sauce"  or whatever brand you want with "Thick Tariyaki Sauce" about 50/50. Place steaks in zip-lock bag and dump in the marinade. Marinade half a day or a full day if want more of the flavour. Move the steaks around in the bag of marinade so all surfaces make contact.  Sometimes I also baste with the sauce as the steak grills.  It gives a really nice flavour to the steak. Try it. You will be impressed.
IMG_1493.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 3M

People say that Television is bad for you.  It's that bloody Fridge, that's killing me.

Comments

• ricktannerricktanner Posts: 24
    I cannot find the garlic rib sauce no where !
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 5,708
    edited July 2013
    VH products are Canadian I think, and are tough to find in the States. 
    Basically, the rib sauce comes in three "strengths" that I'm aware of, mild, medium and strong. Intended use is to stir fry your ribs (in large sauce pan, DO, then add the sauce and slowly reduce it to an almost syrup. It is really good. Makes Asian style spare ribs very special. 
    Never thought to use as a marinade. 
    @hotwheels - have you tried Memories of Kobe from Superstore? It is called a Japanese Tamari sauce - which when you think about it is a garlic/teriyaki mix, similar to what you have come up with. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter.