Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My Sunday evening simple Cook

GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,089
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
Greeting eggheads:

I cook a simple but scrumptious meal yesterday. From the advice of others, I found some Allegro hot and spicy marinade. Marinated in fridge for a few hours. The potato was skewered, sliced (saw it on here last week) and and lined with a butter concoction. I didn't take any before pics. We were hit by a mini thunderstorm where I dropped my cigar and it rolled off the deck. I had to go fishing for my stogie before it got soaked (talking about panic mode - LOL). I also prepared fresh green bean. Threw them on and cook indirect then moved them closer to the edge of the grid for a little direct heat to give them a char. And for desert, we had choc chip cooks. They had a little smoke flavor - good.  I cooked this indirect raised grid using the grid extender at 350-400. 

My post narration sucks as I don't know how to post the pics in sequential order. 

Here a pics and the little guy who was helping daddy. He loves to be outdoors. 

imageimageimageimageimage
XL BGE 
Joe JR 
Reisterstown, MD
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,300
    Looks good. My daughter loves the egg. I have a hard time keeping her away from it when cooking.

I haven't tried green beans on the egg but I will need to give it a try. I can see where a grill basket would be a great help here. I have a bad enough time with asparagus.
    ·
  • GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 1,089
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, the basket would definitely help with flip and moving them around. The GB's were really good. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·