Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Sunday evening simple Cook

GATABITES
GATABITES Posts: 1,260
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum
Greeting eggheads:

I cook a simple but scrumptious meal yesterday. From the advice of others, I found some Allegro hot and spicy marinade. Marinated in fridge for a few hours. The potato was skewered, sliced (saw it on here last week) and and lined with a butter concoction. I didn't take any before pics. We were hit by a mini thunderstorm where I dropped my cigar and it rolled off the deck. I had to go fishing for my stogie before it got soaked (talking about panic mode - LOL). I also prepared fresh green bean. Threw them on and cook indirect then moved them closer to the edge of the grid for a little direct heat to give them a char. And for desert, we had choc chip cooks. They had a little smoke flavor - good.  I cooked this indirect raised grid using the grid extender at 350-400. 

My post narration sucks as I don't know how to post the pics in sequential order. 

Here a pics and the little guy who was helping daddy. He loves to be outdoors. 

imageimageimageimageimage
XL BGE 
Joe JR 
Baltimore, MD

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Looks good. My daughter loves the egg. I have a hard time keeping her away from it when cooking.

I haven't tried green beans on the egg but I will need to give it a try. I can see where a grill basket would be a great help here. I have a bad enough time with asparagus.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, the basket would definitely help with flip and moving them around. The GB's were really good. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD