Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Behemoth Brisket - Need Some Advice

Stopped by my local HyVee last night to pick up some veggies and fruit. As usual I perused the meat counter and what to my surprise, a 18.5 lb prime packer brisket for $2.89 a lb. Of course I scooped it up. Here's the dilemma, I talked with the butcher about this one and he said a BBQ team ordered it for the KCBS cook here last weekend and didn't pick it up. I cooked at that event as well and still have leftovers from my entry. My question is, can I freeze this one and use it during my next competition (how much quality am I sacrificing) or should I just consider myself lucky, cook it now, eat some more, share with neighbors and freeze leftovers? I just started doing pro competes this year and have been using choice briskets from Sam's, not thinking HyVee could get them. Butcher said he thinks he probably me for if I give him enough lead time. Don't plan on any pro cooks until August.

Thanks for any advice.

imageimageimage
Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
·