Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Behemoth Brisket - Need Some Advice

Stopped by my local HyVee last night to pick up some veggies and fruit. As usual I perused the meat counter and what to my surprise, a 18.5 lb prime packer brisket for $2.89 a lb. Of course I scooped it up. Here's the dilemma, I talked with the butcher about this one and he said a BBQ team ordered it for the KCBS cook here last weekend and didn't pick it up. I cooked at that event as well and still have leftovers from my entry. My question is, can I freeze this one and use it during my next competition (how much quality am I sacrificing) or should I just consider myself lucky, cook it now, eat some more, share with neighbors and freeze leftovers? I just started doing pro competes this year and have been using choice briskets from Sam's, not thinking HyVee could get them. Butcher said he thinks he probably me for if I give him enough lead time. Don't plan on any pro cooks until August.

Thanks for any advice.

imageimageimage
DSC_0108.JPG
4608 x 3072 - 4M
DSC_0109.JPG
4608 x 3072 - 4M
DSC_0110.JPG
4608 x 3072 - 3M
Extra Large, Large & Medium eggs, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN