Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Behemoth Brisket - Need Some Advice

Stopped by my local HyVee last night to pick up some veggies and fruit. As usual I perused the meat counter and what to my surprise, a 18.5 lb prime packer brisket for $2.89 a lb. Of course I scooped it up. Here's the dilemma, I talked with the butcher about this one and he said a BBQ team ordered it for the KCBS cook here last weekend and didn't pick it up. I cooked at that event as well and still have leftovers from my entry. My question is, can I freeze this one and use it during my next competition (how much quality am I sacrificing) or should I just consider myself lucky, cook it now, eat some more, share with neighbors and freeze leftovers? I just started doing pro competes this year and have been using choice briskets from Sam's, not thinking HyVee could get them. Butcher said he thinks he probably me for if I give him enough lead time. Don't plan on any pro cooks until August.

Thanks for any advice.

imageimageimage
DSC_0108.JPG
4608 x 3072 - 4M
DSC_0109.JPG
4608 x 3072 - 4M
DSC_0110.JPG
4608 x 3072 - 3M
Extra Large, Large & Medium eggs, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN