Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Rack of St Louis style on the mini

LitLit Posts: 2,351
edited July 2013 in EggHead Forum

There was a posting about this last week and I realized I had no photos to post even though we do ribs on the mini frequently so here is my setup. Platesetter legs up, CI grate, woo on that, then grate on top. We had both minis going so we got 2 full racks done out by the pool. You have to rotate the bottom to the top and flip because the side closest to the plate setter on the bottom will burn if not careful. I am going to try wadding up alot of aluminum foil next time to put on the platesetter and see if that will help deflect some of the heat. No finished pics cause I was drunk by then but they came out good. 300 or so for about 4 hours and temps were around 190.

Edit: That was my buddies mini he used some ceramic pieces to raise the 2nd grate. I used the woo but no pics.

V__3786.jpg
1594 x 897 - 520K