Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pig Shot - first picture post

I've been cooking on my large BGE for a few months now. I have learned much from this forum. For some reason I never get around to taking and posting pictures of my cooks.

Had a little get together over the weekend and decided to make some Pig Shots to go with my pulled pork BBQ I made the night before. First time making Pig Shots and it won't be the last (although I need to visit my cardiologist first). I loosely followed this recipe:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1153898/pig-shots-on-the-grid-extender#latest

I used bratwurst for the sausage layer and didn't use any of the spicy ingredients due to the mixed audience that evening. Used thick cut bacon and sprinkled with a little dizzy pig. Cooked about 90 minutes, indirect at 300 ish. The only thing I would do differently next time is to put the bacon in the freezer for a few minutes. I think that might help with the assembly process.

One of the guests called it a "heart attack on a stick", but man were they good.

pig shot.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 3M
LBGE, Marietta, GA

Comments