Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ozark Oak near Interstate 40 in Arkansas

LDR
LDR Posts: 414
I went through Fort Smith and Russellville in the last week, and the Harps grocery stores in both places had Ozark Oak at $5.24 a bag.  They didn't have a huge stock on the aisles, but there were about a dozen bags out.  So, if you're passing through, you might as well make a stop.

Comments

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    If I am not mistaken, they make it in Yellville - near Russelville
    Cookin in Texas
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    boatbum said:
    If I am not mistaken, they make it in Yellville - near Russelville
    correct
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    Your're right on Yellville, which is on the north edge of the state, almost Missouri.  It's a bit east of Harrison (anyone remember Dogpatch?).  Russellville's just outside of Yell County.  I guess we yell a lot.
  • Letz4wheel
    Letz4wheel Posts: 236
    Russellville had a large display of it back by the meat cases. I just bought 4 bags and didn't make a dent. It is still $5.24
    Southern Indiana
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    4 bags,... Come on playa
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Letz4wheel
    @henapple Hey, four bags is reasonable lol. Actually I don't live in Arkansas so I just rape and pillage when I go through :) Did I mention my egg is still in the box...preperation...thats the key lol
    Southern Indiana
  • I only buy Ozark Oak as I live in Arkansas. The sad thing is that I could buy it for $4/10lbs only 5 months ago. Now its $5.25. While its still cheap I can't stand the price increase. Additionally its hard to find it on the shelf. 
  • Letz4wheel
    Maybe i should have bought more :)
    Southern Indiana
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

I only buy Ozark Oak as I live in Arkansas. The sad thing is that I could buy it for $4/10lbs only 5 months ago. Now its $5.25. While its still cheap I can't stand the price increase. Additionally its hard to find it on the shelf. 

Blame henapple. Supply and demand, my friend.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I've never failed to see 30 bags the Harp's in Benton... Interstate 30
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

• henapple said:
    I've never failed to see 30 bags the Harp's in Benton... Interstate 30
    I am going to wait for you and ration the bags. From now on you will only get 2. Ha ha ha. Just kidding. It reminds me of that saying, "Hi. Im from the government and Im here to help you." 
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    I just stocked up on the only descent stuff I could find... RO. at wallyworld near the BWI airport. I finished the winter with 3 bags of RO so I bought another 8. I was down to 4 as of last friday and bought an additional 12 bags giving me 16 to go through the rest of the year (and at 6.58/bag [these were the 10lb bonus bags - the previous load was only the 8.8lb bags. which gives me an extra 1.5 bags].