Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

weber pizza stone?

I was at lowes yesertday and saw that weber pizza stone.  I was wondering if anyone on the forum has use this stone?
·

Comments

• SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 654
    Yup. Works just fine.
    ·
  • freedog74freedog74 Posts: 62
    @Spaightlabs that for the response.  I just cant see paying $60 for the BGE when I an get the weber for like $15.  If it will do the samething then I will get that one instead of BGE one.
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 654
    My egg dealer sells a bunch of weber accessories too and had em. I bought 2 for when we double dip on pizza day.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,791
    How thick is the Weber stone?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • ArbucklejArbucklej Posts: 90
    would like to know as my wife bought a stone at tj maxi for 5 bones....it lasted  pizza cooks then cracked

would definitely spend the extra on one that won't crack under high temps

·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 976
    I have 2 cents...

I have the weber 15" grill stone (HD) and I like it.  It's about 1/4 or 3/8 inch thick, not much. I bought it before my CGS buy, and it fits in the large spider so I still use it.  Before the spider, I had the standard DIY 2 grate setup with this stone on the bottom grate.  Works fine, but is a PITA compared to the AR/Spider combo.

I used a pizza stone as an indirect piece before this, and it didn't work out - I don't think they are designed to take the direct high heat.  It cracked on first use.  This grill stone is designed for it, and holds up.

Good luck!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·