Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Are BGE Dealers rated by the company?

When I do a search for local dealers on the BGE website, the returned list of dealers is sorted into two groups - dealers in the first group have a star beside their name and those in the second group are shown without a star. Would anyone know what the star vs the no star indication means? Usually I wouldnt care as any one of them is an authorized dealer but seeing the posts describing times where the dealer helps customers exchange faulty items makes me think I'd choose the better ranked dealer should I ever have a problem.

thanks

Basking  Ridge, NJ - XL with KAB

Comments

• TFolsTFols Posts: 239
    @NJ_BBQ what part of Jersey you from?
    Bloomfield, NJ
  • NJ_BBQNJ_BBQ Posts: 116
    Basking Ridge. Barry's in Bridewater is a "star" dealer whereas a dealer closer to my home is not. My guess is the "star" dealers do more volume.
    Basking  Ridge, NJ - XL with KAB
  • pwg56pwg56 Posts: 93
    3 nj Eggers! All in one thread!
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Where were you guys 6 months ago? 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,249
    I think it, the Star, is a volume, time as a dealer thing.There are lots of dealers on the forum, maybe one of them can tell us. Unless of course it is like some secret handshake or "Masonic" like thingy.
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • TFolsTFols Posts: 239
    @NJ_BBQ I live in Bloomfield.
    Bloomfield, NJ
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,612
    Yes, BGE does rank dealers based on inventory and sales levels in a selected area.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• pwg56pwg56 Posts: 93
    I'm surrounded by lame non-starred dealers :(