Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Emergency question

cbr0011cbr0011 Posts: 85
I have two 16lb briskest on my BGE, the are overlapping each other. Is that ok? If I setup the swing grate on top then the one brisket overhangs.

Comments

• tnbarbqtnbarbq Posts: 248
    I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,864
    totally fine. It will change the cooking time but not by any amount worth worrying about. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • cbr0011cbr0011 Posts: 85
    Thanks, I have bbq guru set at 270, pulling the meat at 190. Then will freeze them
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,921
    edited June 2013
    FWIW-I would go with the "probe in and out of the thickest part of the flat with no resistance" as the finish indicator-brisket is quite fickle with regard to nailing the finish with temperature.  But each behaves on its own...YMMV-
    Louisville   L & S BGEs