Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket question

robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
I have done one before and it came out great. I have one on the Egg now since last night at 9:30 @ 230-260 throughout the night.

Right now the point (fatty end) is 199-205 and tender while the flat side is 170 and tough.

Does his sound right? I do not want to ruin the other end.

Done temp shoul be 190-195ish correct?

Garnerville, NY
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,821
    Stop looking at temp. Take it off when you have the texture you are looking for. I'd save the point before the flat.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
    So let it go until the flat is soft?

Garnerville, NY
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,821
    Nope. The flat sometimes won't get right. Take it off when the point is ready.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • If you like the tenderness of the point take it off. If the flat is still not tender wrap in foil with a little beef broth and keep in egg until tender. Forget temp on the flat. The flat is done when you insert a small fork in the side and rotate it easily. Good luck
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,460
    Your call but most "declare victory" when you can probe the thickest part of the flat with no resistance in or out and that's somewhere in the 195-205+*F temp range.  Point will be above 210*F  then as it has much more fat.  Enjoy the journey. 
    Louisville
    ·
  • robnybbqrobnybbq Posts: 1,783
    Brisket done. Butter. Can't wait to eat some later. Now onto stuffed mushrooms and pigshots. Guests arrive at 1.

Garnerville, NY
    ·