Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st ever pork butts.

I am pretending to be a professional today and cook two 5lb pork butts. Eggs sitting at a comfortable 268 and just putt them on at 0730. Will remove at 200 and FTC.

Can't wait for dindin.
image.jpg 2.1M
·

Comments

• TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Looks like you are a pro ... Great set up and good plan.  Keep us posted along the way.  
    ·
  • MklineMkline Posts: 177
    We are coming along nicely. Egg at 277 grate and meat at sitting at 165. Dome only open once since I put them on at 07am.

Can't wait.

image.jpg 2.7M
    ·
    And boy they were good!
    ·
  • I like the bark. It looks pretty crispy like a good layer of coarse pepper is on top. With such a low dome temp how long did they cook?
    ·
    they were done in just about 12 hrs. bark was nice and tasty. I did the FTC and when I went to pull them they just fell apart. 

I will be doing this again soon as they were super tasty and the neighbors loved them. 
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 2,750
    Nice job @Mkline!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.