Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

1st ever pork butts.

I am pretending to be a professional today and cook two 5lb pork butts. Eggs sitting at a comfortable 268 and just putt them on at 0730. Will remove at 200 and FTC.

Can't wait for dindin.
image.jpg 2.1M
·

Comments

• TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    Looks like you are a pro ... Great set up and good plan.  Keep us posted along the way.  
    ·
  • MklineMkline Posts: 177
    We are coming along nicely. Egg at 277 grate and meat at sitting at 165. Dome only open once since I put them on at 07am.

Can't wait.

image.jpg 2.7M
    ·
    And boy they were good!
    ·
  • I like the bark. It looks pretty crispy like a good layer of coarse pepper is on top. With such a low dome temp how long did they cook?
    ·
    they were done in just about 12 hrs. bark was nice and tasty. I did the FTC and when I went to pull them they just fell apart. 

I will be doing this again soon as they were super tasty and the neighbors loved them. 
    ·
  • TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,291
    Nice job @Mkline!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.