Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Weighing in on country ribs

Options
TonyA
TonyA Posts: 583
So, I marinated some country ribs in Chinese rib sauce (Butcherblock Sauces) grilled at 450 for 6 minutes a side, wrapped in foil raised direct for a total of 16 minutes while I grilled two rounds of sliced eggplant and squash.

When i tell you I was rushing, there aren't words. But they were tender and fun to eat! So, for 22 minute tender pork, where does everybody weigh in? Love em or leave em?

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    they are generally pork shoulder so I love the cut. if you can do that in 22 minutes, i'm all in
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I have never done them that fast or that high of heat.  More power to you!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    I like to braise them , then place the ribs on top of a big pot of saurekrute and chopped cabbage - cover and allow to simmer for two hours............... 
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Options
    @ Charlie Tuna, I put them in my Sunday gravy. Always a favorite there. If you like them with cabbage look up choucroute garnie. I tend to cook it more as a one pot meal than some of the servings you will find. I also like to add fresh tarragon, parsley and capers. There is really not a wrong way to make choucroute.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Thanks for that information, i will look "choucroute" up!!  My cousin posted something about cooking all red cabbage with a pork roast, brown sugar and few other things in a slow cooker.  I am considering, converting the recipe to use on the egg??  Thanks for the info and "heads up"!