Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Traveling Ribs ?

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Tomorrow is my Mothers B-day and i was supposed to take my large to my sisters but do to the crazy rain anytime forecast tomorrow i decided to do the ribs at home and take them .Has anyone ever done this whats the best way under cook slightly FTC or cook fully and cut place in a pan and reheat any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 
Thanks Phil 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• how far is the drive? I wouldn't cut them until ready to be served under any circumstance

·
  • mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 182
    I did this last weekend.  My drive was about 40 minutes.  I had four full racks.  Just as I took them off the egg, I cut each rack into quarter pieces, double foil wrapped them, wrapped them in a very thick beach towel, and put them into a cooler.   I did the same with some corn on the cob that I grilled right before leaving. 

When I got to my destination, the ribs and the corn were still extremely hot.  Everyone was shocked by how hot they were (me too).  
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    how far is the drive? I wouldn't cut them until ready to be served under any circumstance
    about 30 minutes 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • bigphil said:
    how far is the drive? I wouldn't cut them until ready to be served under any circumstance
    about 30 minutes 

cook them normally and FTC for the ride. you'll be fine

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,380
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker and @mb99zz Thanks!!!!!
    ·