Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Traveling Ribs ?

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
Tomorrow is my Mothers B-day and i was supposed to take my large to my sisters but do to the crazy rain anytime forecast tomorrow i decided to do the ribs at home and take them .Has anyone ever done this whats the best way under cook slightly FTC or cook fully and cut place in a pan and reheat any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 
Thanks Phil 
Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
·

Comments

• how far is the drive? I wouldn't cut them until ready to be served under any circumstance

·
  • mb99zzmb99zz Posts: 182
    I did this last weekend.  My drive was about 40 minutes.  I had four full racks.  Just as I took them off the egg, I cut each rack into quarter pieces, double foil wrapped them, wrapped them in a very thick beach towel, and put them into a cooler.   I did the same with some corn on the cob that I grilled right before leaving. 

When I got to my destination, the ribs and the corn were still extremely hot.  Everyone was shocked by how hot they were (me too).  
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    how far is the drive? I wouldn't cut them until ready to be served under any circumstance
    about 30 minutes 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • bigphil said:
    how far is the drive? I wouldn't cut them until ready to be served under any circumstance
    about 30 minutes 

cook them normally and FTC for the ride. you'll be fine

·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker and @mb99zz Thanks!!!!!
    ·