Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need AR help-- pics please

ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,582

I need to cook more than two racks of ribs and a pork shoulder. I have a R&B combo with the oval stone, but no grid extender. What setup should I use? I also have a spider and a pizza stone I can use as indirect piece to create more room. Thanks for help.

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Have you checked out the pic gallery on Tom's site?
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
  • mokadirmokadir Posts: 114
    I do 2 or 3 levels with AR combo package fairly often, sorry no pics handy.

Spider and stone and drip pan
    (Or, if you have 4 crossbars, you can put a larger rectangular drip pan on AR lowest level)
    Then, AR with 2 levels used

Delaware Valley, PA Large BGE, CGS adjustable rig, iQue110, High-Que grate
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Look under the Multi Grid Barbequing area at: http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/large-adjustable-rig/bbqing.html
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,351
    fun way for best air flow:
    spider sitting down in fire ring, use when putting ribs on.
    slide guide with round stone on lower notches of rig
    crossbars with oval grid on upper notches of rig
    two butts on oval grid.

when you want to put the ribs on, do:
    move stone on spider,
    move oval grid with butts and slide onto lower slide guide
    add bge stock grid on top of rig 
    add ribs to bge stock grid,

there are easier ways to do it (no need to move anything) but I think this will give everyone the impression you are really working hard on the cook........lol

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.