Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hello old friend.

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,938
    Holy crap, that's special stuff. Old rip?

·
  • Holy crap, that's special stuff. Old rip?

yep. been 2 yr since ive seen it. i can tell you it's not cheap at Marimoto Napa. $25 per oz..........worth every pennny

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,938
    Yeah, makes JW Blue look like Evan Williams. ;)

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,416
    I can't believe you found that at this time of year. Score!
    ·
  • cheech5001cheech5001 Posts: 102

i'm having dinner at Morimoto in Napa on Tuesday....now I know what my aperitif will be!

Love that restaurant!
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,675
    If you have a choice between lucky and good, take lucky every time.  Great score!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 2,520
    I have a bottle of the 20yr at the house.  Use it mostly for making glazes and sauces.
    XL and a Mini Max Egg in Cincinnati, Ohio
    ·
  • WC1WC1 Posts: 42
    Super jealous Cen-tex. Had the 20yr last week in Chicago. If only I could find a bottle that was not astronomically priced.
    ·
  • AcnAcn Posts: 1,008
    Bourbon envy is a sad thing for a man to have on Friday morning, but there I am.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

·
  • tamu2009tamu2009 Posts: 309
    I HATE YOU! I've been dying to try that for some time now and can't find it anywhere. I hear it's like the nectar of the gods it's so good.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
    ·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 685
    It's good to be king!

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • tamu2009 said:
    I HATE YOU! I've been dying to try that for some time now and can't find it anywhere. I hear it's like the nectar of the gods it's so good.

this was thier last bottle for the year. Better hurry. It's hard to find for sure. I haven't even seen it in 2 years. $50 for 2oz is a little steep by any standard but I couldn't pass it up.

·
  • GQuiz said:
    It's good to be king!

it's been a good week. this was just the icing on the cake.

·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    How do you know he's a King?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • lakewadelakewade Posts: 373
    Nice!

Now however you are taking you pictures of booze please rotate your camera/phone/GoPro/GoogleGlass 90 degrees clockwise.  My neck hurts.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
    ·
  • lakewade said:
    Nice!

Now however you are taking you pictures of booze please rotate your camera/phone/GoPro/GoogleGlass 90 degrees clockwise.  My neck hurts.

Funny, it all looks perfect on my iPhone and iPad. On my pc they are sideways. I blame the forum (or the 46 cocktails I had)

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,675
    edited June 2013
    Coincident drink count...Maker's Mark has a '"46" whisky???  And now the Powerball numbers :)
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • lakewadelakewade Posts: 373
    It looks fine on my iPad too. Blaming Apple.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
    ·