Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lets just be civil about it and call it a double.

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 6,292
    A double what? Two cups is two cups not a double cups......
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,472
    Guess I've been drinkin' quadruplez. 
    :-j

·
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 444
    Agreed, it's only a double. I only drink only drink two beers a day too.
    image.jpg 96.7K

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,365
    Double the pleasure double the fun.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,408
    Where's the other one?
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,216
    I'm with you. I always double fist.
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,951
    That's a whole lotta ice.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

·
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 930
    Well alrighty, I'm on lube now..

Cen-tex, come to Shanghai and it's a party on me..I think you can swing the connection! On Nanjing rd, they sell dickies. And I had a Manhattan at the peace hotel jazz bar. So cool.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
    ·
  • Well alrighty, I'm on lube now.. Cen-tex, come to Shanghai and it's a party on me..I think you can swing the connection! On Nanjing rd, they sell dickies. And I had a Manhattan at the peace hotel jazz bar. So cool.

nice! I would love to take you up on that offer.

·
  • YEMTrey said:
    That's a whole lotta ice.

agreed. this is Bulliett after the Pappy 23 i had an hour earlier. wasn't going down as smooth.

·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    Well alrighty, I'm on lube now.. Cen-tex, come to Shanghai and it's a party on me..I think you can swing the connection! On Nanjing rd, they sell dickies. And I had a Manhattan at the peace hotel jazz bar. So cool.

I was there in March - where were you...   LOL   had a couple of really awesome meals there - great food in that city.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,424
    There's nothing wrong with a double double ;)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • trup0241trup0241 Posts: 35
    @sumoconnell

Shanghai is great.  I use to travel there often for work.  Definitely hit up a place called Quan Ju De and get the Beijing Duck, it is supposedly the restaurant that created the dish (although not the locations in Shanghai).  They have a few locations.  You won't regret it.
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ·
    Just finished off a friend.. couldn't handle the Roosevelt, then bar rouge after peace hotel. Tourist bars.. whatever.
    ·
    trup0241 said:

@sumoconnell

Shanghai is great.  I use to travel there often for work.  Definitely hit up a place called Quan Ju De and get the Beijing Duck, it is supposedly the restaurant that created the dish (although not the locations in Shanghai).  They have a few locations.  You won't regret it.
    Willing to try.. been here many times, come once a month

·
    edited June 2013
    boatbum said:

Well alrighty, I'm on lube now.. Cen-tex, come to Shanghai and it's a party on me..I think you can swing the connection! On Nanjing rd, they sell dickies. And I had a Manhattan at the peace hotel jazz bar. So cool.
    I was there in March - where were you...   LOL   had a couple of really awesome meals there - great food in that city.

I like to stay at the renaissance in zongshan park, three subway lines, I can get anywhere. Food can be good, gotta know where to go. I'll post a review of Texas bbq tomorrow. :)
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 552
    what else would you call it?
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 625
    Bulleit Rye definitely has a bit more bite than Pappy. That's a medicinal dose...
    ·
  • TonyA said:

half a pint?

·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,847
    TonyA said:
    stairway to heaven. 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 552
    TonyA said:

half a pint?
    Details ......
    ·
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 1,951
    Speaking of Half Pint.  Shout out to all my "Jukebox" homies.

Remember getting out of school and watching that channel all afternoon.
    XL BGE and Mini Max in Cincinnati, Ohio

·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 680
    Bulleit Rye definitely has a bit more bite than Pappy. That's a medicinal dose...

But it has that minty aftertaste so your breath smells minty fresh. 8-|

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,308
    That's enough to know you had something to drink, but too much ice for me. ;)

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
    I have a fond memory of bringing my grandfather his bourbon drink as a child. That would be bourbon and rocks. As I gave it to him he said in a monotone voice. "Son, that is too much ice. You watered down my drink" and he pulled it out with his finger tips.
    ·
  • Chubbs said:
    I have a fond memory of bringing my grandfather his bourbon drink as a child. That would be bourbon and rocks. As I gave it to him he said in a monotone voice. "Son, that is too much ice. You watered down my drink" and he pulled it out with his finger tips.

sniffle....sniffle. Norman Rockwell moment right there.

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,177
    Chubbs said:

My dad always like his Old Grandad 114 on the rocks... Always told me to "try" and cover the ice.
    ·
    Haha. My other grandfather passed away at 91 and never had a sip of alcohol. Which one did I take after?
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,177
    My dad died a few years ago at 87. Seemed pretty happy in his old age
    ·
  • The Cen-Tex SmokerThe Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 12,107
    edited June 2013
    Chubbs said:
    Haha. My other grandfather passed away at 91 and never had a sip of alcohol. Which one did I take after?
    Mine was 96 and had a tumbler of vodka/grapefruit and a bowl of cereal every day at 3pm sharp for the last 30 years of his life. i'm not like him at all (hate cereal).

·