Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza question?

Options

I am probably going to do a pizza over the next few days and break in my new pizza stone.What would be the better set-up??

I have two options.Should I put the 13"stone down on the spider and have the 14" pizza stone on top of the rig extender (two stone set-up) and cook at 500-600 degrees or just use 14" pizza stone atop the rig extender direct (one stone) at a lower temp of 450 or so.

Whatcha all think?

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I would think 2 stones. 450-500 is fine I made 3 yesterday came out good in the rain @ those temps.
    BTW first time using parchment, I liked it so I could have a heavier pizza and oil the crust without worrying about peel issues.

imageimage
    Seattle, WA
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    edited June 2013
    Options

Man they look good skinnyV......id eat all that right now.Did u make your own dough? I debating making that martha stewart dough  that was on the forum the other day.

Guess I could lay the pizza stone on the rig extender without the grid beneath the stone just the frame of the extender with stone or can the stone go right on the rig extenders sliding d grid???

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Google "pizza dough bge"... The post was titled "score best dough ever!". I used that recipe and was pleased with it. Not sure about adjustable rig setup. But if you need the grid to support the stone it should not affect the cook.

It will just come down to placement of deflector, cooking stone and temp. Good luck.
    Seattle, WA