Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monday's Meals

R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
Marinated some lamb loin chops overnight, gave them a coat of DP Red Eye Express rub and then put them on the Mini for a roast.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Pulled them off when their IT hit 110-115 and removed the Mini Woo & drip pan to prepare for a quick sear. CI grid was already on so it took just a couple minutes for the Mini to jump up to almost 600. Gave the chops a sear of about 1 min per side.

Pulled them off with ITs in the upper 120s to low 130s & let them rest a few minutes.

Love the flavor of the Red Eye Express rub on lamb. It was a tasty lunch.

Dinner was Stir-Fried Beef & Tofu, a recipe from the Breath of a Wok cookbook, and could probably be considered OT as admittedly I didn't cook it on an Egg. I used my Tao wok cooker with my 20" wok. I thought maybe I could double the recipe (sized for a 14" wok) in the 20" wok but found the area for the coals in my Tao a little too small (less than 9" in diameter). I could definitely double the recipe in my XL Egg but it'd use more lump.

Thanks for looking!
XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    Wow. Both dishes look delicious.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Phenomenal.  I want to go to your house.
    Phenomenal.  I want to go to your house.

I'd cooked up 2 lbs of flank for that stir fry. You would have been welcome!
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Looks great R2. Lamb chops for lunch eh? Pretty strong
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    The lamb chops look fantastic! We usually get them when they are on special at Costco... I'll need to be keeping an eye out for that.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
  • I thought I was pretty lucky a week or so ago to have baby backs for lunch. Lamb at lunch is absolutely awesome! I will also have to say this is the first time I have ever looked at tofu and thought Damn that looks good!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Wow...now I wan't lamb and stir fry for breakfast!  Great job!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• dpittard
    dpittard Posts: 126
    Man that lamb looks tasty!  Makes me want to get a Woo and a CI grid for my large so I can do some searing like that.

LBGE with a massive wish list
    Athens, Ga.