Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - So, this was our week/weekend in Alberta

Options
AlbertaEgger
AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387

So, this was my weekend, started Friday night with the wifes “solstice” / “birthday” party, turned out great, started a butt Friday night, had it Sat for late lunch / dinner. Mean while almost all of Alberta is in a State of Emergency, including my home town of Devon in which I live 5 min out of. To the South, Calgary, 100 000 people were evacuated as the city started to flood down town and many areas around the Bow river. Other cities and communities in Alberta were in the same shape and we saw wide devastation everywhere. I feel for all of you are going through this and it will be a rough road going ahead. We were lucky to be on high ground, and away from any of the flooding. Calgary actually stated they will still be having the “Calgary Stamped” that starts next Friday, I am not sure how they will pull that off as the water flooded the stadium up to the first set of box seats, 14 rows up. Sunday, had a freak hail storm from no where, lost most of my garden, and all of our plants out side, seams as though it only hit a few houses, temp was 25C or so and we still had hail on the ground 24 hours later. Any ways, that was our weekend in Alberta. Oh yes, had a fall on Sunday morning and separated my shoulder, waiting to see surgeon, wonderful again. Have a great week everyone.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

imageimageimageimageimageimage
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• eggerellen
    Options
    I have been wondering about you. I have lurked on this forum for over a year now, but since leaving Alberta last Wednesday, have been concerned with the weather event that had been going on. We were out there for a vacation for a week - got out just in time it would appear. Glad to hear all is well with your specific area! I have been watching the cleanup going on around the Stampede grounds, just amazing what a little determination & Canadian stubbornness can accomplish.
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    I have been wondering about you. I have lurked on this forum for over a year now, but since leaving Alberta last Wednesday, have been concerned with the weather event that had been going on. We were out there for a vacation for a week - got out just in time it would appear. Glad to hear all is well with your specific area! I have been watching the cleanup going on around the Stampede grounds, just amazing what a little determination & Canadian stubbornness can accomplish.

Thanks for the thoughts eggerellen, good thing you got out in time, the mountain run off in June combined with our June rain fall can always be testing, but I have never seen it so extreme in so many areas. Hopefully the rain slows, rivers are starting to drop now, unfortunately too late for some of the cities and outlying areas though. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    The pictures are impressive.  I'm glad you and yours are well.  I must say that your liquor supply appears to be entirely inadequate for an event of that magnitude.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    The pictures are impressive.  I'm glad you and yours are well.  I must say that your liquor supply appears to be entirely inadequate for an event of that magnitude.
    ...That wasnt the booze table, just some stragglers that made it from the booze table to the egg table, i'll fix that for next time.
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Glad to hear your doing ok albertaegger that flooding looks crazy on the news.Hope your shoulder heals up quick!!! I've been wondering where youve been lately!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    Ya we see more and more pictures everyday, still can't belive the ones coming from HighRiver Alberta that is still totaly under water. Canmore was pretty nuts as well for those stuck there as all major highways were washed out and closed. Hope the worst is over still.
  • AlbertaEgger
    Options
    5 State of Emergencies closed now in Alberta, 22 still open, good luck to everyone.