Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Memphis-Style Dry Ribs (pix)

Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 1,962

I couldn't pass up the good deal on spare ribs at Publix on Saturday.  I got this rack of St. Louis Style Spare Ribs for an even $7.00.  I was debating on what to do with them, and decided to cook them a little differently than usual.  I grilled these raised direct at around a 325 deg f dome temp for just over an hour.  I spritzed them every once in awhile in a beer and vinegar mixture to keep them moist.  And I did not add any wood for smoke.  I wanted them like Charles Vergo's Rendezvous Restaurant in Memphis, TN.  I picked up a bottle of their rub while I was there last year and have used it several times now.  It's good stuff. 

They were finished with a mop sauce of Water, White Vinegar and Rendezvous Seasoning.  The flavor of these ribs are really, really good.

Served up with a simple pasta dish with Penne, Asparagus, Lemon and Parmesan Cheese.

Just had the leftovers today for lunch.  If y'all are ever in the Memphis area, definitely give the Rendezvous restaurant a visit. 

2014 Co-Wing King

Comments