Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Lobster Dinner

doubledouble Posts: 1,214
Birthday dinner it's been a good day 10lb of Lobster.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Lynnwood WA
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,642
    Happy birthday!  Damn, you're all in.  Nice.  How'd it come out?  Lobster have such a narrow range where they're perfect.  I've done tails on the grill before and it took me two tries to get it right.

·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,253
    winnah winnah lobstah dinnah!  happy bday!

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    Thanks, I boiled them for 7 min then had them on the grill with some apple chunks for a few minutes. Turned out good.
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • TFolsTFols Posts: 196
    @double looks good. Happy birthday

@nolaegghead try this :08 @ 500. Comes out perfect every time.
    image.jpg 2.1M
    Bloomfield, NJ
    ·
  • bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 876
    Since you cooked them whole, did anyone eat the tamale?  Did it pick up any smoke?
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2013
    Happy fellow birthday. Thought about egging but other half eat out. Like a true Texan went out for Q.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,850
    My SIL is about to be engaged to a fella from Maine. We were at the beach together earlier in the week. He had a dozen fresh live lobsters flown in from Maine and it was incredible. In his opinion, the only way to cook them is boiled for 13 minutes. Regardless they were damn good
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,585
    edited June 2013
    Happy Birthday, looks like a party.

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,134
    TFols said:
    @double looks good. Happy birthday @nolaegghead try this :08 @ 500. Comes out perfect every time.

I am guessing cut open and put on Egg? Nothing other? Noticed you did not raise? I got to try this
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    I didn't cut mine open. I felt it picked up a hint of smoke but that could of just been from eating with my hands and the smoke on the shell. Next time I will try cutting open. My Dad tears into them sucks the meat from every leg nothing wasted. :-)
    Lynnwood WA
    ·
  • TFolsTFols Posts: 196
    Mickey said:

TFols said:

@double looks good. Happy birthday

@nolaegghead try this :08 @ 500. Comes out perfect every time.

I am guessing cut open and put on Egg? Nothing other? Noticed you did not raise?
    I got to try this

@mickey that's it. Flip them over, a sharp knife through the head, split (I clean them) then into the egg. I believe I had PS Woo in there but I've done them at stock level.
    Bloomfield, NJ
    ·