Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

scallops

Just need a little help what temp should I cook the scallops to, looked online could not get the temp thanks inadvance
XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    Sea scallops - about 2 minutes per side in a hot skillet just until the center is about to turn opaque.  About 130F internal, pull.  will rise to 135-140.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    I like them on the rare side - about 125.

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    You will know if you overcook them, they will get rubbery and have little taste.  You can eat them raw, so undercooking is not a problem -- like nolaegghead said "about 125".
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,727
    I do mine in on a CI griddle to IT of 130

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • WalrusBBQWalrusBBQ Posts: 151

I plan on cooking scallops tonight and was reading this thread too

What about egg dome temp? 400F?
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    As soon as they START turning from translucent to white or grayish -- they are done.  And if you have a dozen to turn at 400 degrees, before you get to the twelth one it will be overcooked..  Just my $ .02
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,128
    ive never taken a thermapen to them, i just wait till they start to look different. and agree, undercooked is better than overcooked. when your buying them make sure they are dry scallops, sometimes called day scallops, and stay away from wet scallops like the plague
    ·