Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Brisket Travis Style Sauce

Thought I would start a new thread. How do you finish the sauce with the wet from the Travis method brisket?
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,248
    First taste it and see if you like it.  It's gonna be really smokey.  Then treat the same as drippings (gravy).  Or I guess you could add it to BBQ sauce.

• and it will be crazy salty too. and 50% fat. you'll need to skim the fat and see if you like what's left. You can add it to your bbq sauce but once you do that, unlike regular sauce, you have a week before it goes bad (you have to treat it like the brisket itself. 5-7 days then out). 

If you dont get all the fat, it will harden in the sauce when you refrigerate it....yuck.