Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket Travis Style Sauce

Thought I would start a new thread. How do you finish the sauce with the wet from the Travis method brisket?
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,197
    First taste it and see if you like it.  It's gonna be really smokey.  Then treat the same as drippings (gravy).  Or I guess you could add it to BBQ sauce.

·
  • and it will be crazy salty too. and 50% fat. you'll need to skim the fat and see if you like what's left. You can add it to your bbq sauce but once you do that, unlike regular sauce, you have a week before it goes bad (you have to treat it like the brisket itself. 5-7 days then out). 

If you dont get all the fat, it will harden in the sauce when you refrigerate it....yuck.

·