Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Butt Perfection

JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,668
Not that pork butt is difficult but todays Butt turned out excellent. I got the two 7 lbs Butts from Costco on Wednesday rubbed with Fat Boys Cajun Rub Thursday, wrapped and refrigerated until Friday morning. Started the Egg at 5:45 am this morning with some Hickory chunks clear smoke by 6:30 and Egg at 280 put on the Butts with some bushes baked beans in the drip pan. The beans were pulled after a couple hours and refrigerated. At 7:15 and Egg was at 310, closed the bottom vent a little and by 8:00 Egg was back at 275 where it stayed until 4:30.  Butts were at 205 and probe went in like Butter. This was some of my best Butt yet but I always say that....Then I heated up the bean and we feasted

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
Johns Creek, Georgia

·

Comments

• carcouettecarcouette Posts: 14
    Looks great.  I have my first butt on the BGE now.  Almost ready to pull it off.  Applied some homemade rub prior to putting it on the BGE yesterday at 6:00 pm.  Cooked it low and slow (200-230).  I hope it comes out as nice as yours. I should have put my beans on like you do.  Oh well.  Next time.
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 616
    Nice looking cook

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • BuckeyeBobBuckeyeBob Posts: 651
    Those look outstanding. Are they bone-in or boneless? My Costco only sells boneless.
    Clarendon Hills, IL
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,695

Never seen a bone-in butt at our Costco, but, they still taste good!

@JRWhitee, that looks like some great eats!

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 2,668
    They were boneless, thanks @jaydub.
    @buckeyebob my Dad went to OSU, where are you from?

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014 
    Founding Member of the Green Man Group cooking team.
    Johns Creek, Georgia

·
  • EagleIIIEagleIII Posts: 179
    Absolutely awesome looking. I never get tired of looking at some nicely done pork butt!!!
    ·
  • jfm0830jfm0830 Posts: 968
    Nice looking cook. I did a 7# butt on the Egg myself at 225 and it took about 15 hours vs your 12. That beer is looking real good just about now too.<BR><BR>

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
    ·