Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What in the #%$@ is that?

ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,454
Pulled into my hotel in Tallahassee and the doorman came to the car to help us unload. Popped the back hatch and there sat the mini. The aforementioned statement fell out of his mouth followed by quite a few apologies. My response was "something that better be there in perfect shape when I get my car back". Makes me nervous. Hell take the car but leave the egg!!
Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
·

Comments

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    I used to live, work and sometimes attended classes in Tallahassee.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    Go to southern seafood in market square. Ask for Matt. Tell him I sent you. Tell Vince that Steve said hi.
    ·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,460
    When I'm in tally we have been known to buy our seafood there. Good eats. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
    Doorman??? Tallahassee?? Hmmmm... ;;)
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,449
    Hey Chubbs, you ought to see the reaction the TSA drones give me when they xray my several thousand dollar concertina going through the airport.  I keep saying over and over, it's a delicate musical instrument, it's like a little accordion, please don't dump it out of the case.........
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    TWSS
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,454
    GrannyX4 said:

Yep. Hotel Duval.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,454

Go to southern seafood in market square. Ask for Matt. Tell him I sent you. Tell Vince that Steve said hi.

I think this is the place we went tonight. Called "Front Porch" now. Matt was the bartender. Skin shaved head?
    ·
    Chubbs said:
    Yep. Hotel Duval.

Both kids went to FSU and I thought I had stayed in most every hotel in Tallahassee over the years. Wow! Nice hotel. ;;)
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,752
    I haven't really eaten at many places in tally..which is quite sad. We usually go to chick FIL a or Tijuana flats
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,468

Go with the same sentence when DEA starts asking you why you just said that.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,128
    There is a Whataburger in Tallahassee too!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,343
    edited June 2013
    Hey Chubbs, you ought to see the reaction the TSA drones give me when they xray my several thousand dollar concertina going through the airport.  I keep saying over and over, it's a delicate musical instrument, it's like a little accordion, please don't dump it out of the case.........

Doc my custom Blanton Hammered Dulcimer travels in a metal case made by one of the premier metal gun case makers. A curb cop at SFO recognized the case, stopped me and made me open the case at the curb. When saw the dulcimer, the first thing he said was "Hey, that's not a gun!" Then he wanted to know what "the hell is that" and then he ask me to play a tune. Traveling with a musical instrument can be an experience. :-)
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·

Doc my custom Blanton Hammered Dulcimer travels in a metal case made by one of the premier metal gun case makers. A curb cop at SFO recognized the case, stopped me and made me open the case at the curb. When saw the dulcimer, the first thing he said was "Hey, that's not a gun!" Then he wanted to know what "the hell is that" and then he ask me to play a tune. Traveling with a musical instrument can be an experience. :-)
    Warrentless search. He had no probable cause to suspect you were committing a crime. 

I would have resisted. 
    ·