Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Daddy's Day Show-off

Well my wife and daughter knew just what I wanted... and I didn't even need to help them out...

8'x5' Grill Gazebo

I'm one lucky dad - because I have a wonderful wife and daughter, and because my wife takes care of me so very well!  Will increase my egging now for sure...

Large BGE

·

Comments

• GATABITESGATABITES Posts: 997
    what temp will you measure with it? Dome temp? 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Reisterstown, MD
    ·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 573

@gatabites - I wanted it for the pizza/baking steel so I can set up for pizza or a griddle.  I've also seen it used for oil for frying - but I'm not sure about oil over burning charcoal...

I've already used it in the house to pinpoint hot spots in the ceiling of the upstairs.  Confirms my suspicion that my attic is trapping too much heat and I need to add ventilation.  And that my main refrigerator sucks at even cooling top to bottom... top rack is almost 6 degrees, veggie crisper is just above 0 (celcius).

Large BGE

·
  • freedog74freedog74 Posts: 62
    @BigWader - where did your wife find that Grill Gazebo With Canopy Top at?  I have been looking for one like that.
    ·
  • freedog74freedog74 Posts: 62
    Thanks.  I will check out Walmart online in the states to see if I can get one.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,864
    Nice.  Those thermometers are great for relative readings.  Watch out if you're looking for accurate temps - there's a wide range of emissivity coefficients depending on the material.  I was checking the temp of my baking steel (actually aluminum) and it was way off (low).  I think the default setting is 0.95, which works for most non-reflective materials.

I have http://www.dewalt.com/tools/cordless-instruments-infrared-thermometers-dct414s1.aspx

·
  • BigWaderBigWader Posts: 573
    @nolaegghead - thanks... I love the look of yours... if mine can withstand a 10' drop, yours looks like it can fall off the back of a moving truck on the freeway... or a could double as a joystick on the lunar lander!

Large BGE

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 12,864
    @BigWader - Heck, Fluke is the Mercedes!

·