Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribeys

Options
awm
awm Posts: 181

Tonight will be my first attempt at cooking steaks on my egg. Considering steaks are one of my favorite meats I wanted to get the hang of the temp control and everything else before I tried them. I've seen alot of different ways to cook them on here one of which is reverse sear, which I’m really not sure how to do that. Any suggestions before I throw them on this evening would be appreciated. By the way the easier the better for me I'm still learning ha.

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Cook them at around 350 until they are about 20 degrees short of your target temp. Take them off and open the vents on the Egg until it gets really hot. Put them back on for about a minute a side until they reach your target temp. It's a great way to cook them, hard to mess up. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    How thick are they? That will determine how you should cook them. Have a thermapen?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN