Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turbo Beef Ribs

I was going to low-n-slow some beef chuck ribs yesterday, but I wasn't able to start them in the egg until 3.5 hours before our guests were going to arrive. This was a big piece of meat, a little more than 6 pounds, but I decided to go ahead and turbo-style the ribs. 2 hours indirect at 300*, about 45 minutes in foil, and then 35 minutes raised direct at 350*, flipping every 10 minutes. They turned out really good. Really nice bark and a beautiful bright red smoke ring. Beef ribs may be my favorite smoked meat.

I enthusiastically recommend turbo-style on beef ribs.

Unfortunately no plated shots, guests tore into the ribs as soon as they were cut. It is tough to see from the pics, but the finished ribs were about 3.5 inches thick.

-Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,865
    Looks great. I love beef ribs. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • FoghornFoghorn Posts: 4,552
    Those look excellent.  Better than any beef ribs I've done.  Thanks for posting this.  I'll do something similar in the future.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,030
    Looks like you  nailed them.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 2,007
    They look great but you shouldn't be so angry. Take a chill pill. You're among friends here!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95