Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm Spoiled Rotten

Options
BBQBluesStringer
BBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hurt my back in a mishap with a waverunner yesterday and didn't feel up to cooking a meal. Carpe Ovum was late returning from a dressage show so we all loaded up and went to one of the local BBQ establishments owned by a member of the Minor family, the reigning family of Q in Orlando. I ordered a baby back rib dinner. Now the only ribs I've eaten in the last few years were ribs I did myself with Dizzy Pig or Ken Stone rubs, or ribs cooked at Blackwater BBQ, the State Champions for ribs, or ribs I've judged at FBA contests. I swear the ribs I got last night were boiled, slathered with sauce, and shown the grill for a few minutes. Tasteless! Not much smoke flavor at all. People line up in droves to eat these things though. I just don't get it.

Comments

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,
    Makes the egg that much more special. The best BBQ is right in your own back yard.
    Your brilliant raspberry chipotle sauce is greatly enjoyed by us. Thanks much.
    Clay[p][p][p][p][p][p][p][p][p]

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 441
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,
    I hear ya loud & clear. I lived in Cincinnati for a few years and loved (past tense) Montgomery inn ribs. I went back ther a month ago for business and customers wanted to go there to go we did - I ordered the ribs and was greatly disappointed. What a difference the egg makes. Joe