Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

$10 lb royal oak and tar.

So.. I just found a few pieces of ro from the 10lb bags... That had tar on them. I noticed it when I fired up the grill and I smelled a burnt rubber smell.... Opened it up and found the piece bubbling with tar. I've contacted Ro and I'm waiting for a reply.
·

Comments

• I've been lucky. The only non-lump items in my RO has been slag glass and a few stones.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    ·
  • I had a fist size piece of what looked like ceramic in my last bag of WG.  
    ·
  • dajogejrdajogejr Posts: 12
    3 bags into the 12 I bought at RD before memorial day, I've had a couple quarter sized rocks...but no other foreign material.

Where is the country of origin MountainDew?
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,725
    I live in Florida now, but i believe i bought the lump in Colorado when i still lived there.
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    I've seen that before and assumed it was perhaps sap.  If you do hear back from RO, it would be interesting to know what they say.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
    Will do whiz.
    ·
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    I just found a fist sized piece of Asphalt in a bag this weekend.  I've always had little stones but never anything this size.  I'm glad I plucked it out before I started a fire.  I'm anxious to here if they get back to you.
    ·
  • CAT SellerCAT Seller Posts: 205
    I think you guys are missing the big picture....what flavor did this add to what ever you were cooking? This could be the next 'big thing'. (kidding). I have (6) 17.6 lb bags in the garage and i am very curious on RO's answer on this. Where in fla mountain dew?
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,971
    No picture?

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • TurtleCreekTurtleCreek Posts: 140
    No picture?
    photo 20130617_202419_zps13147ed7.jpg

I just went out and snapped this pic of the chunk.  That's the Large Daisy Wheel for scale.
    ·
    @catseller

i live in Havana..next to Tallahassee.
    ·
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 637
    I've found rocks in RO and in BGE Lump - same factory/sand lot...

Nothing weird in the WGWW yet , but a couple chunks the size of my lower leg...
    ·
  • B&BKnoxB&BKnox Posts: 230
    I find lots of insulation pieces, like the fiberglass kind and a fair amount of under charcoaled pieces that smoke forever if you do not find them when dumping into the egg.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN
    ·
  • I bought 3 of the larger bags when Walmart had the Memorial day Sale (back to smaller bags there now, hopefully they will repeat the large bag special for July 4th)

Anyway, only difference I noticed from smaller RO bag was seems to be a lot bigger pieces--more like you get in BGE official bag.  Occasionally do find a piece of gravel in RO--not really anything else unusual.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 13,461
    I bought some Russian lump once and found a chunk of uranium-235 from Chernobyl and a bald 3-eyed vole.

·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    I bought some Russian lump once and found a chunk of uranium-235 from Chernobyl and a bald 3-eyed vole.
    At least you didn't get any plutonium 238....

The Naked Whiz
    ·