Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GRILLMEISTER & TEXAS EGG FEST ROCKS

Options
Smokin Joe
Smokin Joe Posts: 441
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A special thanks to GrillMeister & Mrs GrillMeister for organizing an awesome event!!! It was my very first egg fest and I'm just blown away by the amount of work that Ed personally invests in the success of the TX Egg fest. If you all didn't realize it, this event doesn't happen if the man that everyone knows as GrillMeister didn't have the passion that he has to get a bunch of great people together to eat, drink & be smokey. So give it up for Ed!
I really enjoyed meeting all the TX eggers that were there - you folks are so friendly - and you don't cook bad either... LOL
I am honored to participate in such a top shelf event. Thanks again!!! Joe

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Smokin Joe,[p]I second that 100 percent!![p]Sorry we (Ed and I)missed you today.... you had left when we arrived, but we stayed till 8:00!![p]I got your card by the way!![p]It was an honor hang with you both this weekend!![p]Have a safe trip home....I'll be in touch soon![p]Chubby
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Smokin Joe, Ok make that another 100% as Chubby suggests. Like you, this was my first fest and surely won't be my last. It is always great to put a face with a name. Ed does a wonderfuld job and as I am told, serves a smooooooooth shot too. The last shot in that Tequila bottle is mine: so hands off Ed. [p]And, another special thanks to Liesel for all your hard work and letting us hang with your family for the weekend. Both you and Ed are fantastic folks and have an open invitation anytime you are in the DFW area. Tom

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Smokin Joe,[p]Thanks for the kind words! It was great having a Jersey boy from Atlanta there and we hope you make the trip back next year. You made a great sauce yesterday for those wings, so make sure to write it down and email it to me for this years cookbook. Did you get Keith's egg unloaded OK?[p]I'll have pics loaded later today after I finish loading and unloading the truck. I have one more trip to make.[p]Don't forget, it's Milagro Silver, 100% Agave and Alberta Springs 100% Rye. :)[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • GrillMeister
    Options
    Thanks Chubby,[p]We really appreciated you and your buddy Ed staying and helping with cleaning up of the site and loading the last two eggs into the truck. I'm taking today off as I have to unload my Tahoe and head back out for another load. I have to find my laptop and camera so I can put up the web gallery. You guys were just Grate!, Mate![p]Oh yeah, thanks for donating the Grate name tags too. LOL[p]We'll be looking forward to pics of your creations on your new Large BGE.[p]Cheers,[p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Big Jim
    Big Jim Posts: 50
    Options
    Smokin Joe, Let me chime in with my 100% in agreement on the great job that Ed did. My family and I really enjoyed meeting all the wonderful folks that were there. The food was fantastic too. Hope to see everyone again next year.[p]Cheers,
    Jim

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Thanks Sandbagger,[p]You know, another main ingredient of a great time is great folks like yourself. We're fortunate to make lots of new friends this year and you have a standing invite back down here to Lake Travis. I managed to persuade a neighbor in the RV resort to get an egg and they did, so now there are always two larges at the waters edge. Sounds like the makings of a mini fest???[p]Thanks for the tikki torches, I'll send you a pic of them during the first use on my deck during a sunset on the lake. Those things rock. [p]So come on back down anytime, I'll leave the bottle of Milagro Silver in the fridge for ya![p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    GrillMeister,[p]
    Yea.....what are the chances of that?????[p]I have to say, I read that promise withn a healthy dose of skepticism Ed!![p]..Sandbagger...you better get there quick if'n you want any of that Silver!![p]You snoooze...you loooose!![p]Great meeting you this weekend Sandbagger!![p]Chubby

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Sandbagger
    Sandbagger Posts: 977
    Options
    Chubby, I enjoyed meeting you too. I'm thinking that bottle is already in the recycling bin. [p]I encourage you to head up the wok ring with your manufacturing guy! On the drive back to Big D, I thought how cool would it be at a party to serve up smoked and grilled chicken, only to follow it up a few minutes later with say.. chicken marsala. Or, TRex with shrimp scampi. Do you think that would turn a few heads? Tom

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Yeah, you betcha! Pack up that small and your Grate Mates and come on back any time for a mini eggfest.[p]Next year, I gotta find more time to spend out on the lake. The water was great![p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Unknown
    Options
    Smokin Joe,[p]You got that right. This was my first egg fest too, and I was impressed. Meeting all the "famous" eggers from this forum was a lot of fun. And I now have my first egg. It was supposed to be a demo from the egg fest, but the BBQ Outfitters boys missed it. I picked it up at the store Sunday and immediately start smoking ribs when I got it home. We had a friends over who consumed them all, and are now considering a BGE for themselves.[p]It was a great time. Thanks.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Smokin Joe,
    Very well said, My Friend![p]I hope Ed and Liesel take some time off. It was great, as usual, Mr. Ed. Thanks for all of your hard work. I know it's a labor of love, but at 95 degrees it's still work.[p]Mike and Family

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    I would love to come back next year - I hear it keeps getting better & better!!![p]I'll send you an email with all the recipies we did over the weekend. I'm just getting back to Hotlanta and work things have me jumpin. What a nasty four letter word - work![p]We did get Keith's egg back and unloaded just fine. One minor detail, we forgot the darn grate in Austin - don't laugh... it's true. We pulled it out to clean out his egg and laid it on the egg next to his and forgot to load it. It went this way - got back to Keller, unloaded the van, set up the egg for T Rex steaks (there was a lot of eggcitement in the air) went to put the grate in and said "oh shi7" actually something a little worse came from my mouth - care to guess what is was... LOL So we used his old webber grate to cook the steaks. I guess he will be in tough with you later today or tomorrow??? I really felt bad about forgetting the grate, but my head was swimming in Milagro & Alberta Springs .... at least that's my excuse. Heee Joe[p]

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    Chubby,
    Yea, I'm bummed I didn't get to shake you hand on Sunday. It was great (oops Grate) to meet you and hang with you & Ed and the gang. I'll catch up with you later. Joe

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    BigJim,
    Hey guys, It was nice to meet you and share some good grub & a few laughs. Looking forward to next year! Joe

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    JeffH,
    Egg-mania is a runnin wild in Texas! Joe

• Smokin Joe
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    95 - was that all? Man I've only been gon for a few years, but it felt like 109.... LOL Joe[p]Thanks again Mike - I'm going to put the handle on tonight. We (Sue & I) held it up next to the egg ehan I got back and she is lovin it.

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Smokin Joe,[p]We found the grate. Now we know who forgot it. Doh![p]I'm sure BBQ Outfitters will ship it to Keith. If not, let me know and I'll get it handled.[p]Cheers![p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Smokin Joe
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    I'm so glad you all found it. I really do feel bad that we forgot it. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach at that very moment when our excitement crossed over to the realization that we forgot it in Austin. Are you planning on resting any time soon? Cuase you sure did bust your hump this weekend. Thanks again to you & Liesel for such a great time! Joe

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Smokin Joe,[p]I talked with BBQ Outfitters. They are boxing it up now and shipping it out UPS Ground tomorrow.[p]I took today off and have been on the water already. I'm getting ready to put on some wings and enjoy a beer on my deck overlooking the water.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Smokin Joe
    Options
    GrillMeister,
    Glad to hear you are having fun at your lake house! Heeeeee! Joe