Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who's on top with multiple grids

Options
yzzi
yzzi Posts: 1,843
So first time using the grid extender, and I'm curious what thoughts/best practices are when cooking meats and vegetables on two layers. My thought is to put the meats on the bottom so that uncooked juices aren't dripping on the vegetation, but I'm sure that most of the juices are probably hot enough to not have to worry about it. I have a leg of lamb going on with some potatoes and carrots. Who should be on top?
Dunedin, FL

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Meat juice makes vegetables delicious. But each cook is different.  Depends what you are going for. I put vegetables under chicken parts all the time, but will admit never done anything with lamb.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I'd imagine lamb is "safer" than most chicken since it's cooking to a lower temp...
    Dunedin, FL