Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A new low (temp) for me

Sunday has turned into pizza day around here. Wife decided she wants to try a smoked salmon creation of some type so I bought some copper river yesterday an buried it in salt and brown sugar for a little over a half day. Rinsed, dried it off and put it in the fridge uncoverd over night to dry some more. Hit it with some Pineapple head before hitting the smoke. Second cook with WGWW (those unfriendly bastards seemtomake pretty good lump). Had some left over from yesterday's brisket, so added some addt'l, put in some cherry chunks and lit her up. Been holding at 170 for a little over 2 hours so far...never been able to hold that low before, but this is also the first real try since I got the Hi-Q. Seems to do what everyone says... Pics to follow...
Centennial, CO
Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    This same thing happened to me!!  For three years all my butts i was cooking at 225 degrees or trying to maintain that.  And it would creep up as high as 270, maybe more as the cook went on!!  One day i set the controller at 210 degrees.  it stabilized at 210 and never varied from it!!!
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 716
    Smoked salmon came out great - 5 hours at 170 - 175. Grilled up some asparagus, combined that with the salmon, pesto, goat cheese and shiitakes. Molto bene. imageimage
    image.jpg 605.1K
    image.jpg 737.1K
    Centennial, CO
    Unless I'm hunting, then Lord knows where.