Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I was gonna do a low and slow tonight.. but not sure now... opinions welcome:)

dinner has been moved back to 5ish tomorrow.

prepped the egg today and was gonna throw a 10lbish shoulder on tonight and go for a 12-14hr cook... that still only puts it at about noon-2pm range at the latest I think... my shoulders have been finishing quicker than normal as of late at a grate temp of 250ish...

after seeing cazzy post I am wondering if I should just get up early which isn't early for me anymore and throw it on at 300 and see where that gets me..  I could probably still get a solid 8-9hours out of it tomorrow on the egg..

I do need it done by 4pm at least because I am going to cook some salmon as well.

so- low and slow or kinda turbo ?

·

Comments

• GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273
    edited June 2013
    My vote is for low and slow
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 575

I was leaning that way still but now I am talking myself out of it!

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,565
    Ftc it tomorrow...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,916
    Low and slow for best product in my opinion. I love me some turbo butt when I have to do it, but low and slow is still best as far as I'm concerned.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • cookinfuncookinfun Posts: 129
    L&S....but I don't think we all are married to the 225-250F range.  A little increase to 275-280F reduces the cook time, with the benefits of l&s, just sayin, IMHO..Just enjoy cooking by food temp.
    (2) LBGEs,  WSM, Vidalia Grill (gasser), Tailgater Grill (gasser)
    ·
  • I'd agree with low and slow.  I'd add if you get a Cyber Q, Stoker, or other temp control device, you can prep the night before and then go back to bed after you get your cook going.  The first few times I worried about all the things one would worry about but after many cooks, back to bed for me.
    ·
  • XLBalcoXLBalco Posts: 575

well... mother nature decided for me... guess I will start in the morning.  not in the mood for this!

·