Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

My pizza today

First pizza fully on my own.. my wife usually helps with the dough.

Came out delicious! Lesson learned this time: looks like i should put the basil in later, because it burns quick

before.jpg
720 x 960 - 96K
after.jpg
720 x 960 - 85K

Comments

• BrotherEggBrotherEgg Posts: 95
    Looks fantastic. Second picture says it all.

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 6,756
    Looks good! 

I usually do what you did with the basil. I figure if it's good enough for Mangieri, it's good enough for me! But you can also put it on the sauce (or even under the sauce) and add the cheese and toppings over it. Still get the flavor without burning. Actually, mine doesn't burn so much as it shrivels, even at 7-900°.

Anyway - NICE lookin' pie!!
    Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

"Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
  • finsterfinster Posts: 112
    Basil after they come off.  Pies are still hot enough to release oils in the leaf.  Plus it stays green. 
    MBGE in Charleston