Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My pizza today

First pizza fully on my own.. my wife usually helps with the dough.

Came out delicious! Lesson learned this time: looks like i should put the basil in later, because it burns quick

Comments

• BrotherEggBrotherEgg Posts: 95
    Looks fantastic. Second picture says it all.

_______________________________________________________________________________
    Large BGE, PSWoo3, 13"CI grid, Grid Extender, Weber Genesis B Gasser/BGE Storage Cabinet
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 11,049
    Looks good! 

I usually do what you did with the basil. I figure if it's good enough for Mangieri, it's good enough for me! But you can also put it on the sauce (or even under the sauce) and add the cheese and toppings over it. Still get the flavor without burning. Actually, mine doesn't burn so much as it shrivels, even at 7-900°.

Anyway - NICE lookin' pie!!

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded... dead.

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• finsterfinster Posts: 136
    Basil after they come off.  Pies are still hot enough to release oils in the leaf.  Plus it stays green. 
    MBGE in Charleston