Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need Brisket advice...

I have done a couple small briskets, but never a full brisket.  This thing is huge!  It's 11 pounds and I want to do it with Travis's method.  From end to end its 19" long.  Should I cut the flat and cook it separate on one of my other eggs?  I think I would have to drape this one over a v-rack to fit it my large.

Thanks in advance!

·

Comments

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Your grid is 18" on your large.  That brisket will fit.  At first, you might scwunch it a tad, but as it cooks, it will get shorter.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
    Your grid is 18" on your large.  That brisket will fit.  At first, you might scwunch it a tad, but as it cooks, it will get shorter.
    But I don't think the pan is going to fit which is my problem...doing it Travis-style.   :)

·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I draped one over the V rack 2 weeks ago, after about an hour and a half i took the rack out and it had shrunk up enough to fit
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
    Good call. I can start it out on the grid and move to the pan after shrinkage has occurred.   :D

·
  • Black_BadgerBlack_Badger Posts: 974
    If the pan is the problem you need a different pan, right? What am I missing?
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,392
    Fold the ends of the pan upward?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
    edited June 2013
    If the pan is the problem you need a different pan, right? What am I missing?
    It's not going to fit in a smaller pan unless I cut it and I doubt I could fold the pan to make it fit.  I think I am going to put it on the grid directly for a while and then move it to a smaller pan (hopefully) after it shrinks up a bit and finish it out.

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,202
    That looks like a giant flat.

·