Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Belly - and friends......

Not too long ago my next door neighbor just couldn't help himself (after smelling the smokey goodness for the last 8+ months) and asked to have dinner (jointly) to enjoy the bounty of the BGE.  

After this meal captured his imagination, he decided to take me up on my BGE rule (any food you like tastes better on the BGE, to include dessert!).  

So he brought me a whole pork belly from the supermarket.  I am not a butcher, nor am I a charcuturie expert, but I can cook to IT and what the heck - smoke makes it all taste good!  This was the process - sliced the pork belly in half.  Cut the hide/skin off the top while preserving as much of the fat cap as possible.  cooked to internal temperature of 145 then pulled.  Refrigerated for 48 hours, sliced very thin and my neighbor cooked on his gasser grill (heresy!) until crispy.  It was fantastic.

This is also graduation week for me - just completed a year long masters program at the National Defense University (panoramic pic included - that the Chairman, General Dempsey, at the podium on the right today). So we have been cooking to celebrate!
Attached are pics of ABTs for a graduation party, a pair of smoked chickens, and a pair of brisket flats (7/8 pounds each).  I am dreading reporting into the Pentagon!  

·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 6,970
    Wow what a spread! You're not messing around.

And congratulations!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • I was at a beer hall in Humburg that has belly.  Yours looks just like it and im sure it was out of this world

·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,710
    Food looks stout!! Congrats on the graduation!!

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·