Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggin in the Rain

Neither rain nor sleet nor snow nor hail...........image

Comments

• gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682

That's the spirit!  I love egging in the rain.  Seems to defy all logic.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Great idea covering your Maverick/wireless thermometer with Tupperware. Very McGyverish...

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    I was like that for the first year or so. Even now, I don't mind egging in the cold (0° ish is fine), and I actually enjoy egging in the snow. If it's raining, well, that's what ovens are for.

By the way, if you decide to egg when a snow storm is coming and then change your mind, don't forget to close up shop.  
    :D

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    I've wondered what cold rain on a hot egg will do.  Is there any chance of cracking?
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Never say never, I suppose, but I've been doing it for years with no problem. Year round in New England... cold, snow, rain, freezing rain, whatever. The egg is fine, though the cook is often wet, cold and miserable! :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut