Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Chops

Options
Marinated a couple hours in Italian dressing.  Done direct, raised, 400 until the internal was 130.  Rested a few minutes and kept cooking for another 5 -10 degrees.

Served with simple Romain and tomato salad, and sweet potatoes.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Look solid Doc. Well done. Heading to Augusta tomorrow for work need any dechickos (sp?)?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    If you stop in, say hi to Heather for me.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Will do buddy.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nice Doc!  Lamb is one food the rest of the fam wont eat, so I would have to eat all five myself. Which I would have no problem doing!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    mmmmmm... lamb chops!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Looks very solid Doc!! I am thinking about a chimichurri lamb pops this weekend. Is 130 the desired temp to pull?

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    130 is to the rare side, but they gain temp resting.  Med rare is 135.  They are small and go from underdone to well done in the blink of an eye.

• SamFerrise
    SamFerrise Posts: 556
    Options
    Try smearing your chops with peanut butter and let them marinate for several hours.  I learned this one from an Lebanese friend of mine and it is awesome.  You cannot taste the peanut butter and the flavor is amazing.

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • zosobao5150
    zosobao5150 Posts: 133
    Options
    Looks great!  Lamb is one of those meats that I try to cook no more than a medium rare.  Looks like you did a good job.  I also agree that they do get 'well done in the blink of an eye.'  Not nearly as good when overdone.
    XL BGE