Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT--- Viennese Night--- OT (1 pic)

ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,587

A few years ago my wife and I took a fabulous trip to Austria and Czech Republic. Ever since then we have been wanting to do our take on the famous Schnitzel place we went to in Vienna called Figlmuller. This place is legit...

http://www.figlmueller.at/en/

My wife and son were heading to the beach until I can join them, so I surprised my wife with a Viennese supper her last night. It consisted of weiner schnitzel, a warm potato salad and a cucumber salad with white wine vinegar. The meal was one of my better efforts and SWMBO raved about it. Marked as OT and only one pic because was not cooked on the egg..

Thanks for looking!

Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,587
    Forgot to mention, the schnitzel was veal cutlets pounded thin.
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Nice, hope you won brownie points for your efforts
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • FurallFurall Posts: 103
    Egg or not that looks great. Nice job on quality of your photos. I need to start using my DLSR instead of phone.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,464
    Looks perfect.  Crap - Fleur de Lirious is off work in 30 minutes and I don't have anything started for dinner...thanks for the reminder. 

Looks perfect.  Crap - Fleur de Lirious is off work in 30 minutes and I don't have anything started for dinner...thanks for the reminder. 

Oh you got that in the bag. A man of our caliber....
    =D>
    Furall said:

Egg or not that looks great. Nice job on quality of your photos. I need to start using my DLSR instead of phone.

Yeah, works well if not too lazy. Thanks it is a Nikon
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
    Ok, where is the lemon wedges? Looks good
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Lemon wedge is on top of the Schnitzel @Mickey. Either you need your eyes checked or the poodle has the keyboard again
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,505
    Damn, Nelly has been back on the keyboard. Hate it when that happens.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    History lesson:

One thing Texas is famous for, besides brisket and Tex Mex, is Chicken Fried Steak.

Texas has a large German and Czech population.  They emigrated here during the early to mid 1800's.  Chicken Fried Steak was developed in the Hill Country by Germans trying to create wiener schnitzels. 

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious