Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

ONE BIG BIRD

bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,390
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
http://www.stayclassy.org/events/big-green-egg-forum-friends-give-back/e25433
Please follow the link above and do whatever you can to help every dollar counts

8.91 pound chicken done raised direct @450 dome veggies in a pan underneath . Took just about a hour and and half .sorry no plated pictures the tribe was getting ugly .

Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 22,740
    Was it tender?  I've not had much luck with large yard birds.

• bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,390
    @nolaegghead good to see you back ,Very tender and juicy and even the skin crisped up first time for that. I left it sit uncovered in the frig over night
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 22,740
    Very nice @bigphil ...I think my problem has been the quality of my birds.  I have great results with small birds, but every large bird I've cooked must have died from old age.... ;)

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Brining is a major difference in spatchcocked chickens -- but i agree that buying fresh local chickens makes a big difference too....
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,125
    Nice looking "Frankenbird", that is one almost turkey sized chicken. Noticed that you split the breast bone not the backbone, maybe that's why they stay tender.....I like the root veggies underneath, nice combo. 
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,390
    edited June 2013
    @Skiddymarker Thanks ,that's how I always split them never had a dry one
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,841
    Larger birds have not been a huge success for me. Glad yours worked out. It looks good
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013