Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last nite's cook, tonite's low carb supper

Options
Austin  Egghead
Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
We had enough tenderloin for tonights supper so we decided to do a take off the of the cheese steak sandwich.
One poblano, 1 sweet red and 1 sweet yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes and small white onion went on the mini to char.  While the veggies were cooling the new steel frying pan went on the mini to heat up.  

Sliced tenderloin added to the pan and cooked until chill was removed
next the sliced onions, peppers added
next the tomatoes
Then the white cheddar cheese
to the table
Nether one of us wanted any bread, so the lettuce became the holderimage
This one goes in the cookbook.  Egglicious
Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    What are you going to call this? It looks damn good!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Hell yeah, Joan!
    That's some tasty looking vittles right there!  Being low carb is an added bonus!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    That glass brings a tear to my eye.... Poor DeGroen's... The land of pleasant living isn't so pleasant anymore without them, NBC, Sisson's or others. :-<
  • Austin  Egghead
    edited June 2013
    Options
    @nola. Glad to see back
    @Eggcelsior. I was waiting for you to comment on my mug... I guess I have a collectors item now.....there use to be more, this is the last survivor.
    @caulking. How about low carb that is damn good...Cheese steak with a Texas twist...
    BTW the tenderloin came from a hog that is "free rooter"..allowed to pasture roam. It was the best and juiciest I have ever put in my mouth, even reheated it was still juicy and very tender.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    As always nice cook kid. Please tell me about the pan. Is that a French pan from WS or SL?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Mickey, I have been looking the steel pans to replace my Scan pans. Thinking of buying the set of deBeyers (sp?) featured in Chefs catalogue, bit I found this Lodge at Ace Restaurant supply in SAustin.
    So far the pan has worked well on the egg. I am not impressed on the factory seasoning. May strip it of and do a Mrs Chan recommend seasoning.