Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New griddle for the egg!

Options
yzzi
yzzi Posts: 1,843
My friend got me this bad boy for a birthday gift: Griswold #9 griddle. I threw it in the egg last night in a clean burn to ash up all the old stuff. Scrubbed it all down this morning before I start seasoning it. Turned out great so far. Can't wait to egg on this guy. Makes passing on the baking steel group buy not so bad.

Original condition

imageimage
Dunedin, FL

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Nice score there!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Looks like you still have a little crud on it. If it doesn't come off with steel wool, try oven cleaner.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    edited June 2013
    Options
    There's a couple dark spots that I gotta try and scrub down with the steel wool again. It's still needs some smoothing around the lip. It's really smooth though elsewhere, and I got most of the rust off the bottom. I've had some good luck with the oven cleaner too, but there's always a couple spots that I can't get it. She'll grease up really nice though.
    Dunedin, FL