Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New griddle for the egg!

yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
My friend got me this bad boy for a birthday gift: Griswold #9 griddle. I threw it in the egg last night in a clean burn to ash up all the old stuff. Scrubbed it all down this morning before I start seasoning it. Turned out great so far. Can't wait to egg on this guy. Makes passing on the baking steel group buy not so bad.

Original condition

Dunedin, FL

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,693
    Nice score there!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 868
    Looks like you still have a little crud on it. If it doesn't come off with steel wool, try oven cleaner.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    edited June 2013
    There's a couple dark spots that I gotta try and scrub down with the steel wool again. It's still needs some smoothing around the lip. It's really smooth though elsewhere, and I got most of the rust off the bottom. I've had some good luck with the oven cleaner too, but there's always a couple spots that I can't get it. She'll grease up really nice though.
    Dunedin, FL