Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

nest handler who installed their own?

SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 1,193
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
I did mine today and decided against removing the band from the base in order to add the longer bolts on the outside hinge for the handle attachemnt. I found even though the bolt was short it still got enough bite to be firm and hold with some tightness. 

Did anyone else skip this step? I wont be using the hadle to do much lifting just pulling around here and there. Also i noticed my nest already had the brace bar below, so i went ahead and attached the one provided so there are now 2 (front and back).

Locking casters are being used as the front of my egg.... i think in a search i saw that it didnt really matter which end was used as back or front.

Any insight...thanks.

Comments

• ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 1,903
    Sorry, no help here, my Handler on the large was assembled before I got it. I think it is a very worthwhile addition if you have to go over rough concrete or yard to get to your egging place.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.