Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

nest handler who installed their own?

Options
SkinnyV
SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
edited June 2013 in EggHead Forum
I did mine today and decided against removing the band from the base in order to add the longer bolts on the outside hinge for the handle attachemnt. I found even though the bolt was short it still got enough bite to be firm and hold with some tightness. 

Did anyone else skip this step? I wont be using the hadle to do much lifting just pulling around here and there. Also i noticed my nest already had the brace bar below, so i went ahead and attached the one provided so there are now 2 (front and back).

Locking casters are being used as the front of my egg.... i think in a search i saw that it didnt really matter which end was used as back or front.

Any insight...thanks.

Seattle, WA

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Sorry, no help here, my Handler on the large was assembled before I got it. I think it is a very worthwhile addition if you have to go over rough concrete or yard to get to your egging place.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.