Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pizza Cook with new Nomex gasket - Greek Pizza

I posted earlier that I was doing my first pizza cook after installing the new Nomex gasket. This was my first attempt at "Greek Pizza". It came out fine but I was surprised that feta cheese does not melt real well. If i did it again I think I would double up on the tomatoes that were slightly grilled and form the base rather than a sauce. Besides that all the flavors were perfect. I also cooked a peperoni/sausage/caramelized onion, a BBQ chicken a la CPK style, and a modified Mehrgerita. The Mehrgerita is not in the photos as it was consumed while I cooked the other ones. The crust on all came out fine but would have been a bit better if it was crispier.

The really good news - the Nomex gasket performed well coming out of 2 hours of 500 - 700 degree temps unscathed.  
Greek Pizza 001.jpg
1600 x 1200 - 601K
Greek Pizza 002.jpg
640 x 480 - 116K
Greek Pizza 003.jpg
640 x 480 - 135K
Greek Pizza 005.jpg
640 x 480 - 124K
Greek Pizza 006.jpg
640 x 480 - 152K
Greek Pizza 004.jpg
480 x 640 - 154K